S'mores Cookie Cake

Thursday 28 November 2013


I made this S'mores Cookie Cake as part of my boyfriend's birthday surprise. I knew I wanted to make s'mores in some shape or form, and went from s'mores cookies to a s'mores cookie cake with inspiration from 'milk bubble tea'. To make this fluffy chocolate giant sandwich cookie keep reading...

You will need:
250g flour
200g dark brown soft sugar
100g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
170g unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
200g milk chocolate
As many chocolate chips as you like
Digestive biscuit crumbs
A tub of marshmallow fluff

Pre-heat the oven to 170C and grease or line a baking tin (I used a 24cm spring form cake tin). Mix together the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar beating in the vanilla extract and eggs. Sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt, and stir in the chocolate chips. Drop half the cookie dough in the tin and spread across the bottom (this bit may take a while).


Place the chocolate on top of this layer.


Sprinkle the digestive biscuit crumbs on top of this layer and then whip out your tub of marshmallow fluff (I bought mine from a random little shop but you can it from Asda).


Now for the tricky, time consuming part... Spreading the incredibly sticky marshmallow fluff on top of everything else you've just put in the tin. It doesn't have to be perfect and will look a mess when you eat it anyway (a yummy mess though).


If I'm honest, this was an experiment and I had no idea exactly how long it would take in the oven and how long it did take in the oven. I baked it for about 20 minutes and decided to bake it for longer as the bottom layer of cookie dough takes longer to cook. It tastes delicious when served warm with the melted chocolate oozing out.


A sickly sweet treat for those who have a sweet tooth!

2 comments :

  1. Yum! This looks absolutely delicious!! :) I've never been a huge fan of marshmallows but I think they look good in this recipe and also, weirdly enough, I don't mind marshmallows in hot chocolate. I'd like to try this recipe for Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this cake looks amazing!!! Definitely going to attempt to make it! x
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete